Sunday, January 08, 2006

Rain, Planes, and SUVS


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(plus some other Saturday night observations)

I, like the rest of you, wish that the rain would come to an end sometime before spring gets here, but I also realize that there will be more rain in the spring. The evening began over by Red Robin at Valley River Center watching the deluge of rain and the SUV Olympics with people trying to get that FIRST spot closest to the restaurant by driving about 50 mph to the spot, only to lose it to the car in front of them.
I was then off to the Women’s Basketball game at Mac Court vs Stanford and WOW what a game. For those of you who were there if you were sitting by an obnoxious guy who stated the obvious the entire game wearing a black shirt, that was me and I apologize. I feel even more sorry for my date that evening, she later told me she would have had fun watching you guys tear me apart. I was throwing out lines like “Hello, this is the Oregon Women’s Basketball defense, no one is available at the moment, please leave a message.”, after Candace Wiggins scored yet another three pointer from the key with no show from the Oregon defense. She ended up with 37 for the game. I was doing it in fun and some people were laughing.
After the game we headed to Turtles for a quick bite and a great conversation. We wondered about the people who worked traffic outside the game and why they were carrying those light sticks you would see at the airport, perhaps a 737 was going to land right in front of Mac Court for the game – that would also explain the lack of parking in around seventy five parking spots.
The rain in the area is again allowing me to bring a good friend back into the equation. Noah(yeah, the one with the arc). I have a “blue phone” in the STAR studio and he calls once in a while to let me know where in the area he is. Noah likes to give tours of the arc (with balloons for the kids!)

Well, off for a lazy Sunday.. --JP

No comments: