Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 Holidays

The 2005 Christmas holiday was a good one for me, minus the flights that my bags did not make it on…for two years in a row! The time home visiting friends and family in Philadelphia went way too fast, but it was good to see some radio friends including Damian from WLAN in Lancaster and Craig Allen from SOJO in South Jersey.
I visited my Mom, just outside of Fresno for Thanksgiving so I figured I was due for a “Karmically” good flight after that fiasco, but not so…another disappointment from another airline.
  Ironically the same thing happened last year and the same guy brought the bags to my home in Philly as did last year. I told him, “Happy Holidays and we’ll see you in 2007.”
  As the week home came to a close I looked forward to Satin Love and New Years Eve at the Hilton. The flight home brought my bags, which was good, but also a two hour delay in Las Vegas on my connection to Eugene. I was with some of the stragglers from the Holiday Bowl loss. The flight left Vegas about two hours late, which put us in at around 3:15am, it took an hour for the bags, even though we were the final flight in for the night. (Having not had this experience before from the Eugene airport I figured it was worth mentioning. My apologies to the little old lady who was in charge of all those bags, I guess she forgot her walker.) Home to sleep for four hours and then up for New Years Eve, I headed to the store and then to the Hilton for a New Years Eve that none of us will soon forget. It included a new word for 2006,  a woman at the door, and “French Toast”.

  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Satin Love great? I have been following them for years!