Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Idol (Top4), Elvis has left the building (sorry, had to)



Aaah, Elvis night on Idol..not a big fan really, but here goes..the Top 4..Taylor starts the show with a pretty good rendition, and Simon, once again is in “Karaokeland”…he had the moves, not that we wanted to see them, but it was one of his more memorable performances. The rocker Chris is up next…”Suspicious Minds”…I understand the look, and I’m not so sure I like the sunglasses, aah a camera pose as he takes off the glasses…a good use of a prop…vocally I have nothing to say…he’s great!  I even liked the arrangement. Elliott up at 3, another “lovely tender side” song from him…”If I Could Dream”…Elliott is the guy that has those “nuances” in his voice, he sounds pretty good, but I hope he does something a little “more hip” for his second choice tonight. Some rough spots, but I think he did okay. That’s the “Finale” idol tune this year…LOL…Katherine is up at 4…”Hounddog/All Shook Up” dual tunes….this should be unique if nothing else…ooh, did she forget the words I heard a mumble…that’s a BIG BIG no no….eeek….brought it home at the end….judges…yup…that’s what I thought...fun and memorable, which are very important and she had fun…ROUND 2: “Soul Patrol”…”In the Ghetto”…Taylor over the last three weeks has really stepped up his game, more than anyone else. He sounded really good on this tune, one of the better since he’s been on the show…Taylor did a 180…good for him..Chris up again…”A Little Less Conversation”…this should be very unique…playing to the crowd…for me it was like two different songs, the second half was better than the first, but solid “Chris”. There just wasn’t much of his personality in that song. I truly hope Kat pulls something AMAZING or it looks like she’ll be hearing “Daniel Powter”, which is what you don’t want to see or hear on Idol…Elliott up first though..”Trouble”..he’s got some soul and all the guys tonight are on their game. Solid from Elliott..He “deserves” to go through to the next round, amazing tonight…Katherine, “Can’t Help Falling in Love”…aaah, more of Daddy’s tears coming and it may be her final Idol performance…(I’m actually quite sad about that, she’s got a great voice and personality). Great arrangement. Her vocal was solid…seemed like it was over the top, I agree with Simon…again, kudos to the band tonight for the arrangement, they were great, even the singers…it was nice to take a trip back to “Graceland”….who’s headed home…this is where it gets tough, could be any of them really, but Kat had the most challenging night, if she does continue to next week she’ll appreciate it that much more..Elliott and Kat in the bottom two…Kat leaving tonight…(Hope I’m wrong)

No comments: