Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Idol Top 10(21st Century Tunes)

American Idol…Top 10..Songs of the 21st Century….
    Of all the “Idol Nights”, this is one I have been looking forward to, since it is the ONE they seem to use every year. Not only that but my “East coast” connection gave me some inside info on who did what and that no one was really “an Idol” tonight. Here we go…
    First up, Lisa Tucker…doing Kelly Clarkson, “Because of You”…EEK…well, she tried….I bet Paula says she’s cute…Lisa gets the “sympathy” vote from me tonight. I like the girl, she has a great voice, but not with that one. …Country girl Kellie Pickler up next with some Sarah Evans….is it me or was it like a “Sing a long”….Kel was singing along with the backup….nothing really unique about that one either….judges…heard an “uh” from Randy….hmmm…the song did nothing for her….”Gimmicky, Rodeo, Lassoing”…from Simon….Ace is third…Train…”Drops of Jupiter”…like the arrangement…Ace, best of the night so far….however that’s not saying much. ..ok what is it with Paula and the “shirt unbuttoned” guys??....onto Taylor…”Trouble”…for me, it was alright. I don’t know the song, it showed his range, but the “interesting” night continues….hey, Taylor didn’t DANCE tonight….blessing in disquise? Hmmmm…Mandisa …with some Gospel…”Praise You”…she’s great on stage, strongest of the night vocally….judges disagree…ok reset…the contestants tonight are given the chance to sing songs that WE the people know via CD’s or radio, the SONGS of the 21st Century…of the five songs sung, I recognize three and know two pretty much by heart…something is not right, I’m sure you agree…ok, let’s see if the final five tonight do any better than the first five….Chris Doughtry next….the rocker continues to “Rock”…Creed, “What If”…Chris was one of the ones I picked a way back to be among the top and tonights performance does not change my attitude toward that…Katherine McPhee up next with Christina Aguilera, “The Voice Within”…lots of changes and lots of risk, she did a nice job with that considering who it was…the best of the night….Bucky up next…over the last few weeks he has gotten more comfortable “performing” on the stage and tonight he managed to do pretty good….rough night on Idol…Paris pulling out Beyonce, “Work it Out”…everything about “Idol” tonight seems “Ordinary”, when it should otherwise feel Exciting because the singers are being “Different”, aah, “A Little girl pretending to be Beyonce” from Mr. Cowell…Elliott closing the show with some Gavin DeGraw, “I Don’t Wanna Be”….Ell mixin’ it up…very nice…great arrangement…a good way to close an otherwise okay night….so the bottom three….here we go…..Kellie, Bucky, Paris – Bucky going home….
  I was gonna put Chris in the bottom three, which is possible, but not probable…

No comments: