Wednesday, February 21, 2007

First Night Wrapup: Safe Songs and Visions of Teletubbies...

First off, a key word of the evening..SAFE...everyone played it SAFE...there were a few performances on the fringes, but overall the night was a little blah...with a few one liners from Simon and crew and some well placed lyrical high notes that were hit very well. We saw Saraya fight back against Simon, for which he deserves credit, although he needs to work on his performance chops for next week, if he returns and isn't in the bottom two...the great part about Idol at this point of the season is that a blah performance this week has a pretty good chance of returning next week to rebound nicely, such the case for Mr. Festivus himself, Sundance - I would love to say his name in this blog for a few more weeks at least, considering other sources, including the judges deemed him worthy of being in the Top 3 or 4 of this years crop. Bad song choices were the theme of the night, although I'm not sure any producer would admit to it..The two I have mentioned above are my bottom two for the week.
Overall I caught myself yawning a few time last night about an hour in...it wasn't the shock I expected from the first night of Idol...instead of being Wow'd by anyone, with the exception of a few performances that were okay, I was practically sleep typing. What would be awesome is if the women, which had a larger group from the beginning this year, blew away the guys and brought down every house in America tonight with their performances. After last night, unless things change, I think it is pretty safe to say that the next Idol will not be a guy...
Catch you back tomorrow night...

No comments: